Monday, October 20, 2008

Thing #18: Web 2.0 Awards


So many to choose from this list! I like the idea of Yelp. The reason I like it is because you could possibly find like-minded people via Yelp. My husband and I are always wondering if there are people who are similar to us in my hometown of Elizabethtown, KY, and this website might could give us some connections. I also want to comment on another website from this list---reddit.com. Any time I try to tell Nils something that I have read or heard about, he already knows about it. When I ask him, "How?," his answer is always "reddit." The man lives on that website; he's obsessed with it. One more website from this list; Mango Languages might be a great way to learn some basic phrases in another language. Could use it to help communicate with the Mexican workers on our farm in KY. I'll tell my brothers about it. But now, here's the real award winner: my little Lydia!

1 comment:

Maggie the Librarian said...

You know....I always thought she looked mainly like you. But I am beginning to see perhaps a completely 50/50 combo of Nils & you.